Friday, May 30, 2014

A night in my sleepless-ish life

I need sleep. It's true, I need sleep, as much sleep as I can get. Which happens to not be much. 

My two older kids both slept through the night at 3 months old. They both slept from 8 pm until 4-5 am which was right at the time I had to get up to get ready for work. It was awesome! So, naturally, I assumed the same from Miss Charlie girl. No can do, says Charlie. Here we are at 7 months still waking and fussing all night. I've given in to the pacifier. Which has worked WONDERS. But she still wakes and needs a helping hand putting it back in her mouth. And then there's Mr. Ben...Ohhh Mr. Ben, you are loved for sure. Ben has been waking up between 2 and 4 am to sleep with me. This normally would not be a problem, however, at this point he has already gone pee and not in the toilet. So, sometimes, I get up, change him, change the blankets and sit next to him until I think he is asleep. Then he continues to come back toward my room and we repeat the sit and wait a couple times. Some may be wondering where my husband is. Well,eventually my husband gets up sends him to his room and Ben is never heard from again. But poor Ben I think, then I quickly remember I'm tired so I try to close my eyes, just in time for my alarm to go off. Ugh! I need sleep!

Oh and just to add to the fun, I'll be on a 24 hour duty on Thursday. 

They definitely don't want you sleeping there. 


This is my unamused, still needing sleep look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment