Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Afraid to Pee

So as it turns out our eager little achiever wants to sit on the toilet, wipe herself and flush...the empty toilet, but is far too scared to allow herself to pee in the toilet. The poor thing will sit on the toilet and move side to side, cross her legs, tighten her tummy and do anything so as not to pee on the toilet. We've tried distracting her with games and books and songs while she sits, but she is still refusing to let herself go.
I thought all the signs pointed to "I'm ready" but as it turns out, all she wants to do is point to her diaper. I am not sure why she is afraid but seeing as how she is only 20 months I am in no rush to resort to drastic measures. I just never thought she was going to be this child. And honestly I never even imagined this was a problem for some parents. I've heard of being afraid to poop, but never have I heard of being afraid to pee. Oh well some day she will pee in the toilet and my husband and I will let her know how proud of her we are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment